Jan 3, 2011

Remember to Breathe

I finished my 2nd driving lesson today.

The first one went okay. My teacher was extremely patient with me and I am very grateful for his time. I am having to learn to drive manual not to mention once I arrive in TZ it'll be shifted with my left hand and I'll be driving on the wrong side of the road. It was almost as if I was learning to drive all over again. My brain had suddenly turned to mush and didn't know how to react when the car stalled.

My lesson today was a little more intense due to driving on a road. Not a main road but a road that led into a subdivision by the parking lot we were practicing in. At one point I was turning a curb and found myself forgetting to breathe. I was computing in my mind all the things I was needing to do in order to make the turn I didn't compute the very source of life.

As I got back in to my own automatic car, I was reminded of how there will be many moments in 2011 I will need to just breathe. All of the things I am trying to process, prepare for, and pack - I need to just stop and take a breath. Everything is going to be fine and it will all get done..... if I just breathe.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I am so excited for you! Yes, remember to breathe! I had to do that a lot when we moved to Japan! Don't just breathe though...breathe it in! I never imagined myself in the place I was but I adapted & loved it so very much! I left a part of me there! I miss it so very much! We are going with you in spirit to TZ & will be praying you through it! God is so going to bless you! I just know it! I knew a long time ago in that little Sunday School room in GBC that you were going somewhere! I am so proud of you! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! Love you! Kanetha & family *!*

    ReplyDelete