Dec 9, 2012

Love Me some Lottie!

Its officially my last week in Africa. By Thursday night, I'll be sleeping in my own bed after 20 months.
I thought I would do a post about how Lottie Moon Christmas Offering helps me....

A liter of gas is about $1.20- which is over 4.00 per gallon. Transportation is used to go to campus and hang out with students off campus as well. Much of my job with students is to build relationships. The African culture is very embedded in deep meaningful relationships where they are in your home or you are in theirs.

Another aspect of what we aim to do is to encourage students to "reach" their own. Providing funds to go to places where people have never heard the gospel, can change a students life. A prime example of this is when my friend Emily and I took a trip to the Rendille. With the help of Lottie Moon, we were able to make the trip and encourage students who were spending 6 months there. We were also able to provide for a student to go with us. The student team also takes frequent trips to the coast reaching the Diego and other unreached/unengaged peoples.

Lottie Moon also takes care of us physically. Over the last 2 years I have battled amebas, discovering my acid reflux is not as under control as we though, and gallbladder issues. My medical bills, meds, and tests have all be taken care of thru your giving.

These are just SOME of the ways Lottie Moon provides for those on the field. Not to mention the countless others (i.e. Language, training, education). So THANK YOU. Without Lottie thousands of people will never hear the truth.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie! I am very excited for you and your soon return back to the states. I know a couple in Melbourne, FL that are excited as well!:) Wanted to comment on your post as this very subject was brought up at my church this morning due to our church is sending Lottie Moon more than double any amount it has sent in the last ten years. This is such a testimony of God's faithfulness and provision in an economy that has seen better days. Thank you for sharing. Knowing first-hand how the money touches lives gives it added meaning. Blessings to you in your upcoming travels and Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Amazed by His Grace, Teresa Taylor

    ReplyDelete